|Date / Time||13 June 2013（Thu.） 14:00‐15:00|
|Venue||Multimedia Conference Room(304), 3F, ILCAA|
|Admission:Free, No registration is required.|
- Gianluca P. PAROLIN (Visiting Associate Professor, ILCAA)
- Global Research Fellow, New York University (2012-2013)
Assistant Professor of Law, Department of Law, The American University in Cairo
- “Shari’a in Egypt’s New Constitution”
- After briefly framing State/Islam relations in pre-2011 Egypt, the presentation (1) will address the negotiations behind the (re)arrangement of shari‘ah-provisions in the new constitution, (2) analyze the content of the new provisions in their Hegelian relation to the previous Supreme Constitutional Court jurisprudence — expounding on the complex articulation of the explanatory note to art. 2 (art. 219) — and finally (c) consider the ramifications of the new arrangement, focusing on the impact of the mandatory referral to al-Azhar.
The sukuk-law controversy will serve as a case study of the former.
Related links : The link to the related paper on SSRN
The link to the presentator’s faculty webpage on AUC
* Chairperson: Aiko NISHIKIDA（ILCAA）